J.D. joined Woods Fuller in 2016. J.D. earned his law degree from Drake University Law School in December 2015, graduating with highest honors and was elected Order of the Coif. While at Drake University Law School, J.D. focused primarily on business law. In addition, J.D. served as a junior staff member on the Drake Law Review and was awarded the Jeff Gilbert Award.
As an attorney licensed in both South Dakota and Iowa, J.D. focuses on assisting businesses and individuals with the formation of business entities and a wide variety of contractual issues. His clients include:
- Individuals who want to form business entities in South Dakota and/or Iowa, including corporations, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, cooperatives, and various types of professional companies.
- Businesses wishing to convert to a new kind of entity, alter their current status for purposes of taxation, or merge with another entity.
- Businesses wishing to enter into various transactions, including the purchase and sale of real estate, and hiring employees or independent contractors.
- Business wishing to formalize or change their capital structure through the use of buy/sell agreements or similar instruments that control the company’s shares or units.
- Companies in a wide variety of industries, including energy, real estate development, health care, and financial services.