Since 2006, Jim has served Woods Fuller clients as a litigator in areas such as insurance claims, business, employment, and product liability.
His representative results include:
- Obtaining a defense verdict after a 2.5 week trial for a grain tarp system manufacturer in a product liability case involving a serious head injury;
- Obtaining summary judgment in a civil rights case for a non-profit that assisted law enforcement with animal care following the seizure of over 180 dogs;
- Obtaining punitive and compensatory damages after a 1 week trial for the beneficiaries of an estate based on breaches of fiduciary duty by the holder of a power of attorney;
- Assisting with the resolution of OSHA citations following a fatal accident at a manufacturing plant;
- Writing the brief for an appellate decision affirming summary judgment in a product liability case involving printing press, reported at Robinson v. Brandtjen & Kluge, Inc., 500 F.3d 691 (8th Cir. 2007).
While in law school Jim served as a managing editor of the prestigious George Washington Law Review. Afterwards, he clerked for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and practiced as a litigation associate in the Atlanta office of Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP.
Jim remains active with the South Dakota State Bar Judicial-Bar Liasion Committee, and has served as the pastor of adult ministry at Constance Free Church in Andover, Minnesota. A married father of three girls, Jim now serves as a volunteer at First Evangelical Free Church of Sioux Falls.
Co-author, South Dakota chapter, Product Liability Desk Reference: A Fifty-State Compendium (Wolters Kluwer 2014 edition)